Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wood Blocks

I have an obsession with saving anything that could be used for anything lately and it really is against everything I have ever believed in!   I used to hate clutter and I never keep boxes for more than 10 minutes or anything else. 
Well since I have started crafting more and spending hours and hours on Pinterest, I have decided that everything has an ulterior use in our home.  My husband says I've hit rock bottom when I saved a pickle jar! We all know how many uses we have for jars!   Anyway this brings me to this new project that I did today using scraps of wood we had left over from our work bench in the basement. 
I hope you enjoy it!
Started out with wood blocks, I sanded them down and made the corners just a little smooth and round.. not too much!
I used a foam brush, some black acrylic paint and painted the 4 sides, don't worry about getting some on the front, it will be covered anyway.


Then I used some scrapbook paper from a pack so it was all color coordinated.  I then used my x-acto knife to trim the extra paper.  Make sure to have a sharp blade so the paper doesn't rip!

I used my beloved Cricut to cut out the word Home in a pretty orange that matches my living room just right. 
These are the words still not glued yet :

I used Mod Podge to glue them down and this is what it looks like now:

I'm still debating if I want to screw some nails and use black ribbon to hang it on the wall or leave them in a shelf like this...  but either way I think it works well and it was very very cheap to make!